Books to Start a Business
Evaluating Franchise Opportunities
BEFORE YOU INVEST!
Although the success rate for franchisee-owned businesses is significantly better than for many other start-up businesses, success is not guaranteed. One of the biggest mistakes that you make is to be in a hurry to get into business. If you shortcut your evaluation of a potential business, you might neglect to consider other franchises that are more suitable for you. Don't be "pressured" into a franchise that is not right for you. Although most franchises are managed by reputable individuals, as in all industries, some are not. Also, some franchises could be poorly managed and financially weak.
This aid is designed to assist you in investigating your options. Questions needed to adequately evaluate the business, the franchisor, the franchise package, and yourself are included.
1. Investigate Before You Invest
2. What is Franchising?
3. Investigate Your Options
4. Franchise Evaluation Checklist
5. What is the Business?
6. What is The Franchise Package?
7. Personal Assessment
8. International Franchise Information
9. Canadian Franchise Association
10. European Franchise Federation
11. Latin America
12. Pacific Rim
13. Franchisor's Method of Operation
14. Advantages & Disadvantages of Franchising
15. Protection for the Franchisee
16. Two General Categories of Franchises
17. Buying a Franchise OR Starting Your Own Business
18. The Franchisor
19. Site Selection
21. Narrowing The Field
23. The Franchise Contract
24. Where the Action Is
25. Questions You Should Ask an Operator of an Existing Franchise
26. Warning Signs
27. Multilevel Franchise VERSUS Pyramid Scheme
28. And finally, Personal Assessment
Order Desk (Canada & US Only): 1-(877) 879-2669 (9am to 5pm Eastern
Standard Time) To
Toll-Free Order Desk (Canada & US Only): 1-(877) 879-2669 (9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time)
To placeyour order by fax using a credit card, download the following order form and fax to (416) 322-7434
To use the mail and pay by check or credit card, please download the following order form and mail to:
380 Brooke Ave.
North York, ON M5M 2L6
Order Desk for Outside of Canada please phone: + (416) 322-9896 (9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time)
For enquiries or for rates on overseas shipping charges (outside of Canada or USA) please e-mail: ProductivePublications@rogers.com
Canadians - please order on our $CDN Website at: www.ProductivePublications.ca